Composing A Winning Essay On Love: 10 Great Tips
Ever since the beginning of time, there have numerous authors who have eulogized love in all its glory. Some have called it salvation, some heaven, some hell. Love is an emotion that has been poked and prodded and exploited by the pen as much as it has by man.
When asked to compose an essay on love, each student thinks of creating something as great as Shakespeare and Emily Bronte. However, the art of writing is simple yet complex. Therefore, in order to help you in your mission to become the next Bronte, here are ten great tips.
Composing a winning essay on love: 10 great tips
- Decide how you want to approach the topic. Writing on Love falls under the category of definitive essays, in which there are no right or wrong answers. It all depends on how you approach the subject of love itself. Do you want to be romantic? Do you want to approach it scientifically, attempting to understand it?
- Write about the change in the type of love that has been witnessed over the years, from Romeo and Juliet to Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Determine the type of love you want to talk about: love between two people, two families, or two unlikely factors?
- You can also write about how love has been depicted in music since the early times.
- Another facet you can explore is the greatest love stories in the world: Romeo and Juliet, Laila and Majnu and so on.
- Determine what message you are going to deliver through your essay: Do you want to say that love is the greatest power in the world, or that it is better to be alone than to be in love?
- Give relevant examples: if you are talking about star-crossed lovers, you can mention Romeo and Juliet. However, exploring the lore and coming up with similar, lesser known examples may also prove beneficial.
- It is also advisable to include some personal stories as well. Have you ever experienced the kind of love that you are writing about? What does love mean to you?
- You can also write about the kind of love that you idolize and why. Maybe it is the way your mother and father have stayed together for so many years, or that your grandmother waited for your grandfather for thirteen years. These are the essays that are truly special, since they contain a narrative.
- Be sure to hit the nail on the head with your conclusion. Make the reader believes in your words. Do not just sum up what you said, but let your passion flow through. Your essay will shine automatically.