Crafting A 5-Page Argumentative Essay About Living In The Village
A 5 page paper is created very similarly to a 5 paragraph essay. It may seem overwhelming at first but really all you need to do is break it down into sections and then into steps and follow them. Before you know it, your paper will be finished. Doesn’t that sound exciting? Perhaps you’ve never written an essay this long before. However, this is much more writing.
Here are some of the steps you will be doing:
- Choose a topic centered on living in the village. To do this, you must decide what angle you want to take. Do you want to compare it to living in the city, or do you want to consider an element of village living and argue whether it’s good or bad.
- Conduct the research. You will need to look at online sources, library sources and perhaps even consider doing some interviews with live people. You could also conduct a survey designed around your research question.
- Make an outline using the main ideas you’ve uncovered in your reading. This outline will serve as the map you will follow when you start writing. It also shows you if you need to do more looking for facts to fill in the empty spaces in your outline.
- Make a list of references, and use a style guide for proper citations.
- Write the paper in a rough copy form. This is the first copy and you shouldn’t worry about making it perfect the first time. The important part is to get all your ideas in one place and organize them into a logical order.
Writing the introduction and conclusion
What is the purpose of these two essential elements of your argumentative essay? Basically, they serve several purposes: to introduce the topic to your reader. This is the part that gets them interested in reading the rest of what you’ve written. The introduction should give an interesting fact or piece of information that acts like a hook.
The conclusion is more than just a reminder of the major points of the paper. It should also wrap up everything and give the reader something to think about. Don’t add any new information into the conclusion.
Proofreading and editing
This is an essential step that is sadly passed over by many students. Correcting all the little errors is what will really make your essay shine.